The nine months leading up to the birth can be such an exciting but anxious time. It’s a time of ups and downs, but the feeling of carrying a baby is magnificent. There are so many pregnancy quotes that will inspire, motivate you and make you smile!
The emotional impact that pregnancy leaves on a woman will develop patience, fortitude, understanding and courage… enough to give birth!
Below are some inspiring and funny quotes about pregnancy, so read on.
1. Being pregnant was the healthiest I’ve ever been in my life. Except for the cupcakes.
– Ashlee Simpson
2. You are the closest I will ever come to magic.
– Suzanne Finnamore
3. No matter how bad my day has been, it takes one little kick to make everything feel alright.
4. A baby fills a place in your heart that you never knew was empty.
5. Loving a baby is a circular business, a kind of feedback loop. The more you give the more you get and the more you get the more you feel like giving.
– Penelope Leach
6. It is the most powerful creation to have life growing inside of you. There is no bigger gift.
7. It’s a really magical time, those first few weeks. It almost make you wish you didn’t have to tell anyone, ever. You could just watch your belly grow bigger, and no one would be allowed to ask you about it, and you would have your baby and a year later you would allow visitors to finally come and meet your little miracle.
– Amy Poehler
8. Everything grows rounder and wider and weirder, and I sit here in the middle of it all and wonder who in the world you will turn out to be.
– Carrie Fisher
9. Babies are like little suns that, in a magical way, bring warmth, happiness, and light into our lives.
– Kartini Diapari-Oengider
10. A new baby is like the beginning of all things – wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities.
– Eda LeShan
11. There is something very beautiful about being pregnant. I think I enjoy being pregnant more than not being pregnant. I know it could go either way, and the next pregnancy could be the complete opposite.
– Chrissy Teigen
12. People who say they sleep like a baby usually don’t have one.
– Leo J. Burke
13. With every newborn baby, a little sun rises.
– Irmgard Erath
14. Truthfully, being pregnant is changing me as a person. Each day is part of this amazing journey that has completely shifted focus of my life and made me reevaluate my personal and professional goals.
– Holly Madison
15. Whether your pregnancy was meticulously planned, medically coaxed, or happened by surprise, one thing is certain – your life will never be the same.
– Catherine Jones
16 Motherhood: The only place you can experience heaven and hell at the same time.
17. Carrying a baby is the most rewarding experience a woman can enjoy.
– Jayne Mansfield
18. In pregnancy, there are two bodies, one inside the other. Two people live under one skin. When so much of life is dedicated to maintaining our integrity as distinct beings, this bodily tandem is an uncanny fact.
– John Raphael-Leff
19. It’s an established fact. Some women can’t stand being pregnant, getting big and bloated, and hauling around a giant stomach, and some women, for reasons probably understood by Darwin, love it.
– Rich Cohen
20. You are pregnant and you are powerful. You are bold and you are beautiful. Go forward in your boldness, in your beauty and in your contentedness. Trust your body to birth and know that the collective power of women worldwide will be with you.
Related: Best Nursery Glider Recliner
21. Feeling fat lasts nine months, but the joy of becoming a mom lasts forever.
– Nikki Dalton
22. To be pregnant is to be vitally alive, thoroughly woman, and distressingly inhabited. Soul and spirit are stretched – along with body – making pregnancy a time of transition, growth and profound beginnings.
– Anne Christian Buchanan
23. Pregnancy is getting company inside one’s skin.
– Maggie Scarf
24. Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother.
– Lin Yutang
25. Think of stretch marks as pregnancy service stripes.
– Joyce Armor
26. Let us make pregnancy an occasion when we appreciate our female bodies.
– Merete Leonhardt-Lupa
27. I’m never as happy as when I’m pregnant. I literally would have 10 babies if I could!
– Tori Spelling
28. If I had my life to live over, instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I’d have cherished every moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle.
– Erma Bombeck
29. It’s a great thing about being pregnant, you don’t need excuses to pee or eat.
– Angelina Jolie
30. People always say that pregnant women have a glow. And I say it’s because you’re sweating to death.
– Jessica Simpson
Related: The Best Free Online Birth Class that is actually worth taking!
31. Baby in the tummy, it’s all up to mummy. But once the baby’s had, it’s bragging rights for Dad.
32. Having kids feels like that first seventh-grade crush that overwhelms every molecule in your body, but it’s permanent.
– Kristen Bell
33. Of course I can do this. I’m pregnant, not brain-damaged. My condition doesn’t change my personality.
– Christine Feehan
34. Honey is sweet. A little baby is even sweeter.
35. Part of being a parent is rolling with the punches, so consider an unexpected pregnancy the universe’s way of helping you learn to do that.
– Heather Wittenburg
36. Feeling fat lasts nine months, but the joy of becoming a mum lasts forever.
– Nikki Dalton
Related: The Best Online Breastfeeding Courses
37. A grand adventure is about to begin.
– Winnie the Pooh
38. It’s double the giggles and double the grins, and double the trouble if you’re blessed with twins.
39. Pregnancy is a process that invites you to surrender to the unseen force behind all life.
– Judy Ford
40. Now my belly is as noble as my heart.
– Gabriela Mistral
41. You never understand life until it grows inside of you.
– Sandra C. Kassis
42. You do a lot of growing up when you’re pregnant. It’s suddenly like, ‘Yikes. Here it is, folks. Playtime is over.’
– Connie Fioretto
43. Going into a pregnancy is a really challenging time for a woman, because it’s forever-changing, both mentally and physically.
– Brooke Burke
44. Every four weeks I go up a bra size, it’s worth being pregnant just for the breasts.
– Natasha Hamilton
45. If you want to know the feeling, just take your bottom lip and pull it over your head.
– Carol Burnett
Related: Amazon Baby Registry: All You Need To Know
46. When you’re pregnant, you can think of nothing but having your own body to yourself again, yet after giving birth you realise that the biggest part of you is now somehow external, subject to all sorts of dangers and disappearance, so you spend the rest of your life trying to figure out how to keep it close enough for comfort.
– Jodi Picoult
47. My body has given me the greatest gift of my life.
– Hilary Duff
48. When you moved, I felt squeezed with a wild infatuation and protectiveness. We are one. Nothing, not even death, can change that.
– Suzanne Finnamore
49. Having a child is surely the most beautifully irrational act that two people in love can commit.
– Bill Cosby
50. Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.
– Winnie the Pooh
51. When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.
– Sophia Loren
52. Being pregnant means every day is another day closer to meeting the other love of my life.
53. It makes me feel like a woman. It makes me feel that all the things about my body are suddenly there for a reason. It makes you feel round and supple, and to have a little life inside you is amazing.
– Angelina Jolie
54. You are proof that love before first sight does exist.
– Araceli M. Ream
55. Being pregnant is an occupational hazard of being a wife.
– Queen Victoria
56. Children reinvent your world for you.
– Susan Sarandon
57. When we encourage new parents to ‘treasure these moments because they don’t last forever,’ we need to remember to also reassure them that they will survive these moments because they don’t last forever.
– L.R. Knost
58. Imagine what might happen if women emerged from their labour beds with a renewed sense of strength and power of their bodies, and of their capacity for ecstasy through giving birth.
– Christiane Northup
59. When I was pregnant, I was so huge and people on the bus would get up for me. That made me feel so precious and valued and valuable. I try to treat everyone like they’re pregnant.
– Mariska Hargitay
60. I think that carrying a baby inside you is like running as fast as you can. It feels like finally letting go and filling yourself up to the widest limit.
61. Being pregnant finally helped me to understand what my true relationship was with my body – meaning that it wasn’t put on this earth to look good in a swimsuit.
– Amy Adams
62. Get comfortable. Have a pee. Get thirsty after you pee. Drink an entire cup of water. Get comfortable. Have a pee again. I give up!
63. Pregnancy is a uniquely intimate relationship between two people. All of us luxuriate in this relationship once, and half of us are lucky enough to be able to do it all over again a second time, from the other side as it were.
– David Bainbridge
64. A baby is a wishing well. Everyone puts their hopes, their fears, their pasts, their two cents in.
– Elizabeth Bard
65. In the pregnancy process, I have come to realise how much of the burden is on a female partner. She’s got a construction zone going on in her belly.
– Al Roker
66. I have two brain in my body but I have never been so dumb.
67. Your pregnant elephant ankles will return to normal. Just hang in there.
– Adriel Booker
68. When I was pregnant, I felt filled with life, and I felt really happy. I ate well, and I slept well. I felt much more useful than I’d ever felt before.
– Suzanne Vega
69. Life is tough enough without having someone kick you from the inside.
– Rita Rudner
70. Life is always a rich and steady time when you are waiting for something to happen or to hatch
– E.B. White
71. That moment when all your friends are dieting and exercising and you are just pregnant like ‘Baby wants a cupcake.’
72. The amazing thing about becoming a parent is that you will never again be your own first priority.
– Olivia Wilde
73. The wonder of life begins in the womb of a woman.
– Lailah Gifty Akita
74. Pregnancy can be a time when you take tremendous pleasure in eating, not only because you may enjoy food more but also because you know that it is nourishing both you and your baby.
– Martha Rose and Jane L. Davis
75. Months have an average of 30 days, except the 9th month of pregnancy which has about 1,000 days.
76. A good way to prepare yourself for parenthood is to talk to rocks because they have similar listening habits.
– Rodney Lacroix
77. Pregnancy was probably the best and the hardest thing I’ll ever go through.
– Mariah Carey
78. Pregnancy is the only time you can do nothing at all and still be productive.
– Evan Esar
79. Growing a baby makes me feel like a superhero. A really tired, weak superhero who wants to eat all the time and is not allowed to lift heavy objects.
Related: 18 of the Best Online Childbirth Classes
80. You are my sun, my moon and all of my stars.
– E.E. Cummings
81. It’s amazing, the mentality shift that occurs in pregnancy. All of a sudden, you want to be good to yourself.
– Elisabeth Hasselbeck
82. A mother’s joy begins when new life is stirring inside… when a tiny heartbeat is heard for the very first time, and a playful kick reminds her that she is never alone.
83. You don’t realise how many people your friends hate until you have to name your baby.
84. Motherhood is the biggest gamble in the world. It is the glorious life force. It’s huge and scary – it’s an act of infinite optimism.
– Gilda Radner
85. Stop saying ‘We’re pregnant.’ You’re not pregnant. Do you have to squeeze a watermelon sized person out of your lady-hole? No. Are you crying alone in your car listening to a stupid Bette Medler song? No. When you wake up and throw up, is it because you’re nurturing a human life? No. It’s because you had too many shots of tequila.
– Mila Kunis
86. All the time we wondered and wondered, who is this person coming, growing, turning, floating, swimming deep, deep inside?
– Crescent Dragonwagon
87. My brain really goes to mush when I’m pregnant.
– Kate Winslet
88. I find a pregnant body to be beautiful and an incredible reminder of what a woman’s body is made to do.
– Kourtney Kardashian
89. Pregnancy has been a huge lesson in patience and in allowing myself to be open to whatever the day may hand me.
– Anna Kaiser
90. A mother is always the beginning. She is how things begin.
– Amy Tan
91. I usually claim that pregnant women should not read books about pregnancy and birth. Their time is too precious. They should, rather, watch the moon and sing to their baby in the womb.
– Michael Odent
92. Suddenly many movements are going on within me, many things are happening, there is an almost unbearable sense of sprouting, of bursting encasements, of moving kernels, expanding flesh.
– Meridel Le Sueur
93. Everyone knows food is important to pregnant women. But what the uninitiated might not realize is that time is of the essence. The bottom line is, when she says she’s hungry, she means it. Feed that woman immediately or she will eat your f***ing face.
– Aaron Gouveia
94. My wife and I don’t understand couples where the woman is pregnant and they don’t want to know the sex of the baby. ‘Oh, we want it to be a surprise.’ I mean you have caller ID but don’t want to know what’s popping out of your vagina?
– Andrew Ginsburg
95. People expect all women to react the same to pregnancy. But anyone who’s been around pregnant women knows that it’s not all cutesy and sweet. You spaz out and you’re angry and you have tantrums.
– Keri Russell
96. Being pregnant was a lot like being a child again. There was always someone telling you what to do.
– Emily Oster
97. If pregnancy were a book they would cut the last two chapters.
– Nora Ephron
98. I usually have lots of energy, so I couldn’t believe how pregnancy put me on my butt.
– Brie Bella
99. Everybody thinks for one moment when they’re pregnant that they’re actually carrying the spawn of the devil.
– Tilda Swinton
100. I feel like I have a bowling ball sitting on my hoo-haa.
– Jessica Simpson
Pregnancy can fill a woman with so many different emotions and feelings. It can also blow out some mood swings and cravings which might also affect your family as well. There are so many good things to read about pregnancy and if you are struggling, then it’s a great thing to do to preoccupy your mind and uplift your mood and give you some strength to overcome any difficulties you might be experiencing.