If you are searching for a gluten-free and indulgent dessert, look no further than Instant Pot Flourless Chocolate Cake.
This cake is packed with rich chocolate flavor, has a dense and moist texture, and is sure to delight any crowd. The bonus of using an Instant Pot is that it takes the guesswork out of baking and ensures a perfectly cooked cake every time.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. The links below may be affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, optional 1/2 cup (or more!) for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour + 15-minute natural release
Total time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Melt butter, chocolate chips, and cocoa powder together in a medium-size bowl using the microwave, mixing between 30-second intervals.
- Add sea salt, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, and vanilla extract to the melted mixture and mix well.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well between each egg.
- Add 1 cup of water to the bottom of your Instant Pot.
- Prep a 6-quart springform cake pan by cutting a parchment liner for the bottom of the pan, spraying it with cooking spray.
- Pour cake batter into the pan and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Place the pan on the trivet and put it in the Instant Pot on top of the water.
- Set the Instant Pot to high pressure for 60 minutes and allow it to naturally release for 15 minutes after cooking.
- Manually release the rest of the pressure using a hot pad or towel and open the valve.
- Transfer the pan to a cooling rack and allow the cake to rest for about two hours.
- Enjoy immediately or store covered in the fridge for up to 3 to 4 days.