Looking for a way to satisfy your sweet tooth with a twist? Look no further than S’mores Brownies! These delicious treats combine the classic flavors of graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows into one decadent dessert.
With a gooey, chocolatey center and a crispy, golden crust, S’mores Brownies will become a new favorite for any chocolate lover. Whether planning a cozy night in or a backyard bonfire, whip up a batch of these mouth-watering treats and enjoy the perfect combination of sweet, savory, and crunchy all in one bite.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. The links below may be affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Graham Cracker Crust
- 12 graham crackers, crushed
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ stick butter melted, unsalted
- 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter, browned
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon espresso powder
1 ½ – 2 cups mini marshmallows
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 55 minutes -1 hour
Idle Time: 30 minutes
- 9×9 baking pan
- Parchment Paper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Start by making the graham cracker crust by pulsing the graham crackers and brown sugar together in a mixer until they are a crumb consistency.
- Add the graham cracker mixture to the melted butter and mix until coated.
- Take your pan and place parchment paper in it to prevent the brownies from sticking.
- Mold the graham cracker crust into the bottom of the pan until evenly spread. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and set aside.
- While the crust is baking, brown the butter for the brownie batter in a pot. Stir continuously until the melted butter creates brown bits at the bottom of the pot and gives off a nutty scent.
- Add the chopped semi-sweet chocolate immediately to the hot butter and mix until completely melted. Remove from the heat.
- Combine the sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a separate bowl. Beat until thick and fluffy; use a hand mixer if available, but a whisk can still be used if not. You will notice the mixture has lightened in color as well.
- Pour in the brown butter and melted chocolate mixture and mix on low speed or with a whisk until combined.
- Fold in the cocoa powder and espresso powder until combined. Use a rubber spatula, not a mixer, to ensure you don’t overmix.
- Fold in the cocoa powder, flour and espresso powder until combined. Use a rubber spatula not a mixer to ensure you don’t overmix.
- Pour the brownie batter into the pan over the graham cracker crust and spread evenly.
- Bake for another 35-40 minutes. The brownies should look set and no longer jiggle when you pull them out of the oven.
- Turn your oven on broil.
- Pour the mini marshmallows evenly on top of the brownies.
- Place back in the oven for another 3-5 minutes, watching closely until the marshmallows have toasted and become golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let the brownies rest for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Cut the brownie into 9 slices, serve and enjoy!
Tips for Making S’mores Brownies
- You can make this recipe without browning the butter and just melting it, but the added chewiness and nutty flavor it gives is lovely.
- You can substitute the brown sugar in the crust with white sugar if necessary.
- Running your knife under hot water and then wiping it off between each slice will help you achieve clean brownies slices.
These s’mores brownies are a delicious twist on a classic treat that will satisfy your sweet tooth. The fudgy brownie base is perfectly complemented by the gooey marshmallow and crunchy graham cracker topping, making for a genuinely irresistible dessert.
Whether you’re looking for a fun twist on a traditional brownie recipe or want to recreate the flavors of a campfire favorite, these s’mores brownies are a must-try.